2016: 3116.3K running (2 runs remaining). You can bet I'm going to aim for 2000 miles (3218.6K) in 2017! I've never run more than 2600K previously so I am thrilled!
Lifetime: 20264.2K (since 2008)
Bruce Trail badges: 8
Events: 17. 5 road races, 11 trail races (4 ultras; 3x50K, 1x50M), 1 bike.
Some of the more memorable moments of 2016:
- Running in -41C windchill at the Oracle Trail Race.
- My first 50 miler at Sulphur.
- Getting reacquainted with Shannon, my friend from elementary school, and her husband Darek, who are avid trail runners.
|Showing Shannon and Darek the wonders of the Bruce Trail.|
- Meeting my friend and coach, Heather, in person and running a race with her.
- Joining a really cool local trail running group.
- Trying snowshoe running.
- Having a beer with Lanni Marchant.
The big year end question: what's in store for 2017?
- The #1 goal of course is Sulphur Springs 100K. I have hired Heather for another block of coaching. I need her to hold my hand as I train for this huge race!
- My first snowshoe race.
- Work on some badges: Oak Ridges Moraine Trail, Avon Trail, Maitland Trail, Grand Valley Trail.
- Continue to have fun and look great doing it!